The idea for Be good to people. ® was inspired believe it or not, by a rude experience that founder Kris Wittenberg had back in the spring of 2008 while running errands at lunch. The exact bad experience has long been forgotten but the idea that people need to be better to one another has not.
Once back in the office of her promotional products company, SayNoMore! Promotions, she exasperatingly asked, “Why can’t people just be good to people?” Given her entrepreneurial spirit and her longing for a friendlier world she researched to see if the phrase was trademarked and if the web address was taken.
Thankfully everything was available and she took that as a “sign”. She knew she had to act, so she secured both the name and the web address and Be Good to People, the brand and the movement, was born.
- Everything in our line is either black or white, because Being Good to People is that simple.
- 5% of every purchase goes into a fund from which we recognize and reward people who are being good to people, all over the world.
- There are more than 30 Apparel and Lifestyle Accessories in the BGTP product line. Examples include environmentally friendly, stylish, reusable containers for both humans and dogs. Along with a 100% recyclable grocery tote, notepads and a journal with a biodegradable pen. BGTP has shirts, hats and infant/toddler apparel too!
Being Good to People is…
- It’s performing simple acts of kindness, and recognizing others for their “Good.”
- It’s a renewed feeling of hope, relief from today’s negative news.
- It’s joy in simple things. Returning to basic, core values.
- It’s communicating a shared belief, like-minded people spreading a positive message.
- It’s a movement. Changing the world, one person, one kind act at a time.